By Sean Patrick Adams
- Provides an summary of Andrew Jackson's lifestyles and legacy, grounded within the newest scholarship and together with unique examine unfold throughout a few thematic areas
- Features 30 essays contributed by means of best students and historians
- Synthesizes the main updated scholarship at the political, monetary, social, and cultural facets of the Age of Andrew Jackson
Read or Download A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
•Transcribed from the unique publication. •Re-edited and formatted•Annotations and extra content material additional through BPC for explanation of definite occasions. •Photo and Illustrations from the unique were better and enlarged. •New images and Illustrations further by way of BPC. First released in 1906 via the famous historian Archer Butler Hulbert, this glorious paintings chronicles the occasions that happened from the time of Celeron’s excursion over the years of early payment while canoes and flatboats have been the most mode of transportation.
Based in 1902, the heritage of Ingram borough is going again to 1752, whilst the land used to be a part of Chartiers Township. A grand jury granted a petition to include Ingram as a borough in 1902, and it used to be named after Thomas Ingram who owned a lot of the land. the hot borough was once promoted as a calm neighborhood situated clear of the smoke and noise of Pittsburgh’s heavy undefined.
A emerging tide of witchcraft hysteria crushed the sober Puritan groups of 17th-century New England, culminating within the infamous Salem witch trials of 1692. Rooted in spiritual zealotry in addition to political friction and estate disputes, the witch-hunts ranged past the gallows to wreck numerous blameless lives.
"When Texas Gov. Rick Perry signed a invoice in could 2009 authorizing the Brazos River Authority to promote the complete inhabited coastline of Possum state Lake, now not many folks wondered it. however the bizarre factor is that the valuables in query were bought precisely one month past to a great ol’ boy that had earned the nickname “the River Card.
- The World's Newest Profession: Management Consulting in the Twentieth Century (Cambridge Studies in the Emergence of Global Enterprise)
- Lower Chattahoochee River (Images of America)
- Fighting Jim Crow in the County of Kings: The Congress of Racial Equality in Brooklyn (Civil Rights and the Struggle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century)
- Brewing in Cleveland (Images of America)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)